Thursday 14 March 2013

The Wonderful Endorsement


Today I received an amazingly kind endorsement for my photography from my absolute favourite writer...Tahir Shah

In 2010, after reading and being inspired by two of Tahir's books (The Caliph's House & In Arabian Nights) a door opened and I travelled to the magical country of Morocco for the first time. I fell completely head over heels in love with the country, having since renovated a riad (traditional courtyard house) in the heart of the Marrakech Medina and now spend as much time working there as I can.

Not many people would be so kind to take time out of their busy lives to send an endorsement. Thank you Tahir.


I'm over the moon! 


"Laura Hudson Mackay's photography captures the essence of the lands through which she journeys in the rarest and most wonderful of ways. Through her lens she reaches the raw magical underbelly, which so often escapes travellers." 

Tahir Shah, Author & Filmmaker







I'm travelling back to Morocco next week to host a photographic tour of the souks, palaces and hidden gems of Marrakech. During the tour I'll be on hand to give camera tips and techniques and discover more of the raw magical underbelly of Marrakech! I can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Great to see you getting fine words about your photos Laura, always a pleasure to see a blog update from you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photography and a great review -- good for you .. you have worked hard over the last couple of years to fulfil your dream from what i have read... I am so looking forward to being there with my family at the Riad in April... Inshallah ....and I love it when I get that feeling of serendipity x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your lovely comments Elizabeth. Wishing you the most magical trip to Marrakech! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete